I’ve been developing the Project Oyster game for about a week in my spare time, I’ve made good progress since the initial game jam effort. Since then, I have taken a step back from the keyboard and have drawn up a basic action plan of what needs done to finish the game. I have been tackling the tasks one by one from the list, but there is quite a lot of stuff left to do. I’ve had to go back to old code a few times to improve it here and there, though I believe that’s a given for anything developed in a 4-hour time frame.
I hope to possibly add a bit of procedural generation into the finished product so it is different every time it is played, however if I find this too difficult it may not happen.
The art style to the game is fairly minimalist, I think it suits it as it allows everything to stand out from the background and I think its fitting for such a simple game.
I think I should have this game finished fairly soon, as long as I stay focussed and don’t let feature creep take hold. Watch this space…